A Short List, but a List Nevertheless
Programming a VW key fob.
This worked on my new key fobs (knock offs) I purchased on eBay for
my 2008 VW Golf City. You will need two keys to do this.
- Put key in ignition - Turn to on position. No need to start car,
just turn to on position so that accessories are on.
- Put other key in drivers door lock and turn to lock position
(right) and hold it there for 10 seconds
- Take key out of drivers door lock - On new key fob, press the lock
button (don't hold)
- Wait 2 seconds
- press lock button again Park lights should have flashed
- Take key out of ignition. Key fob will not lock or unlock doors
with key in ignition.
Try using new key fob.